What type of leather are your other products made from?
Here at Sseko, we’ve searched the continent of Africa for the finest leathers to make our beautiful products.
We use five main types of leather here at Sseko.
- Full-grain oil tanned leather: You can find this leather in our travel collection, our purses + totes, and our footwear.
- Sheepskin: We use sheepskin for some of our crossbody bags and as an accent leather on some of our larger bags.
- Pebbled Leather: Cowskin leather that has been embossed with a milled roller giving it a pebbled texture. We love using this leather on our Bucket Bags!
- Metallic Leather: Cowskin leather that has been embossed with a milled roller giving it a pebbled texture + a foiled metallic finish.
- Hair on Hide: Short-hair cowhide leather with a hand-stenciled and painted leopard print motif. There is no such thing as going "over-board" with this gorgeous leather - leopardize a pair of sandals or our leather goods here!
The majority of our leathers are Full Grain Grade A. If you need further details about a specific leather good, please let us know!
For more information about our leather, check out this blog post on how we Ethically Source Leather!